May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
Mandy Moore Breaks Silence on Ashley Tisdale’s Toxic Mom Group Essay
Judge rules gun and writings are admissible in Luigi Mangione’s New York murder trial
Inside Rihanna and A$AP Rocky’s Son RZA’s 4th Birthday Party
Price Drop Alert: Dyson Airwrap, Shark FlexStyle & Wavytalk on Sale
Taiwan insists it is independent after Trump warning
Senior IS leader killed in joint operation, US and Nigeria say
Matthew McConaughey Details Moving to Peru to Escape ‘90s Fame
Trump and Xi conclude ‘very successful’ talks but no deals confirmed
Ryan Lochte Claps Back at “Clowns” Saying He’s “Unrecognizable”
Flattery and fanfare as Trump welcomed to China – but thorny issues remain
Latest Post
Mandy Moore Breaks Silence on Ashley Tisdale’s Toxic Mom Group Essay Judge rules gun and writings are admissible in Luigi Mangione’s New York murder trial Inside Rihanna and A$AP Rocky’s Son RZA’s 4th Birthday Party Price Drop Alert: Dyson Airwrap, Shark FlexStyle & Wavytalk on Sale Taiwan insists it is independent after Trump warning Senior IS leader killed in joint operation, US and Nigeria say Matthew McConaughey Details Moving to Peru to Escape ‘90s Fame Trump and Xi conclude ‘very successful’ talks but no deals confirmed Ryan Lochte Claps Back at “Clowns” Saying He’s “Unrecognizable” Flattery and fanfare as Trump welcomed to China – but thorny issues remain

Nick Kyrgios to appear in court over common assault allegation

Nick Kyrgios will play in the Wimbledon quarter-finals on Wednesday
Nick Kyrgios will play in the Wimbledon quarter-finals on Wednesday

Wimbledon quarter-finalist Nick Kyrgios is set to appear in court in Australia next month in relation to an allegation of common assault.

Police said it follows an incident in December last year which Kyrgios’ barrister says was “in the context of a domestic relationship”.

Kyrgios is now scheduled to appear at the Australia Capital Territory Magistrates’ Court on 2 August.

He will play Chile’s Cristian Garin in the Wimbledon last eight on Wednesday.

Kyrgios’ barrister Jason Moffett, speaking to The Canberra Times in Australia, said: “The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously.

“Given the matter is before the court, he doesn’t have a comment at this stage, but in the fullness of time we’ll issue a media release.”

A police statement said: “ACT Policing can confirm a 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face the ACT Magistrates’ Court on 2 August in relation to one charge of common assault following an incident in December 2021.”

The player’s legal team said: “At the present time, the allegations are not considered as fact by the court, and Mr Kyrgios is not considered charged with an offence until the first appearance.”

Kyrgios was on site practising at SW19 on Tuesday but moved to a court out of the view of reporters and photographers and did not answer any questions.

In a statement, the Association of Tennis Professionals said: “The ATP is aware of the Australian case involving Nick Kyrgios but as legal proceedings are ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

One thought on “Nick Kyrgios to appear in court over common assault allegation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *